Simplifying access to specialty care
Important information regarding COVID-19
If you have any known COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case, or have travelled outside of your province within the past 14 days, please contact the Coverdale Resource Centre at 1 866-210-0399. For a complete list of symptoms, please refer to your Provincial Public Health website.
We want to reassure you that we remain open and fully operational, with enhanced safety precautions in place, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Thank you for entrusting Coverdale Clinics with your injection and infusion treatments. To ensure your visit is as seamless as possible, here is some important information on what you can expect before, during, and following your appointment. While in the clinic, we also ask that you please follow on-site guidelines, in addition to wearing a mask at all times.
Preparing for your appointment:
- Please note that the clinic doors may be locked upon your arrival to allow our nurse to provide a COVID-19 screening. We kindly ask patients to arrive on time to your appointment, please do not arrive early.
- Floor markings have been placed throughout our facilities to ensure individuals remain a safe distance from each other.
- We continue to follow social distancing guidelines and have limited the amount of patients in our clinic to ensure a 2-meter distance is maintained. Please refrain from bringing a guest with you to your appointment.
- We kindly ask that you limit the number of personal items you bring into the clinic and keep all items contained to your treatment chair.
- For health and safety reasons, beverages are now available by request only and will be brought to your treatment chair. For long appointments that may require a snack, please bring something with you to the appointment. As a reminder, masks must be warn in between drinking or eating.
Please note that food and beverage requests will not available in COVID-19 hotspot areas.
- Please drink plenty of non-caffeinated fluids before your appointment if you will be receiving your medication by IV — being well hydrated can make starting your intravenous (IV) line much easier and help you feel better during and after your appointment.
- If any of your pre-medications make you drowsy, please ensure that you make transportation arrangements prior to your appointment.
- Please remember to bring your medication with you to the clinic if you use a pharmacy other than BioScript Pharmacy.
- If you’re currently taking antibiotics or have an infection, please contact the Coverdale Resource Centre prior to your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. If you have any questions, please contact the Coverdale Resource Centre at 1 866-210-0399. We’re available from Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET.
Did you know that we currently text message appointment reminders?
To sign up, email email@example.com, speak with a Coverdale Resource Centre representative or ask your nurse during your next appointment.
infusion and injection treatments
Making patients feel at home for nearly 20 years
Our Coverdale Clinics provide patients with a safe, comfortable environment to receive specialty medications by infusion or injection. We take a personalized approach to patient care that includes education and counselling to better support medication adherence and help achieve the best outcomes possible.Take a tour